Commodities, which possess potentially hazardous characteristics.
These are as the laid out by IATA in the Dangerous Goods Regulations.
The categories of dangerous goods are:
- Class 1: Explosives
- Class 2: Gases
- Class 3: Flammable Liquids
- Class 4: Flammable Solids
- Class 5: Oxidizers and Organic Peroxides
- Class 6: Toxic & Infectious Substances
- Class 7: Radioactive Material
- Class 8: Corrosives
- Class 9: Miscellaneous e.g. Magnets – a danger to airplane equipment
The guidelines are available in the following links: